Friday, June 8, 2012

Thickening Program & Retaining Length

I have decided to start a thickening program for my hair. I was inspired by   to do this program. On this program I will focus on thickening my hair.  I will not be flat ironing, curling or using any direct heat whatsoever. I will mainly be rollersetting or airdrying. Also in this thickening program I will be texlaxing my hair instead of relaxing. Texlaxing gives the hair thickness and texture, its not bone straght, its like a relaxer and texturizer combined. I will also be using castor oil on my scalp and my deep conditioner. I will also be massaging my scalp at night and will be going back to my Cayenne Pepper mixture to stimilate hair growth. I will be doing a video on my thickening program soon! I will also give more details in the video.  Now on to the retaining length part. I have gotten so lazy on my hair journey that I hardly moisturize and seal. I deep condition for a short period of time, like 5 minutes, when it used to be an hour to 45 minutes. So it's time for me to wake up and really focus on retaining length. I will be moisturizing and sealing at least every other day ( I would say once a day, but I have to be realistic lol). I have not abandon protective stying because I do that mainly everyday I HARDLY EVER wear my hair down I stick with the buns & pin ups. Rollerset definitly helps retain length, I have gotten lazy on doing those as well, but I'm starting that back up. I actually roller set my hair last night :). Alrighty I will make a video with more details on these things. :)


BYE yallzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Mariah :)

No comments:

Post a Comment